South Carolina Children's Advocacy
Medical Response System – State Office
9 Richland Medical Park Drive, Suite 260
Columbia, SC 29203
Director: Olga C. Rosa, MD FAAP
Hours of Operation: Mon – Fri 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Hospital Affiliations: Palmetto Health Children's Hospital
Children’s Advocacy Centers
Children’s Advocacy Centers (CACs) are community-oriented, facility-based programs that bring together, under one umbrella, all professionals and agencies needed to offer comprehensive services to suspected child victims of abuse of neglect. A CAC provides the following services:
- Child abuse medical evaluations
- Forensic interviews conducted by child oriented, professionally trained staff; information is gathered to aid in the prosecution of perpetrators
- Multidisciplinary case reviews with law enforcement, county solicitors and other agencies
- Collaboration and coordination of testimony prior to and during court proceedings
- Support, counseling and court advocacy services to the child and family
- Training for child abuse professionals
Select a center location on the map below for more information and hours.